Gang, I’m not gonna be able to spend as much time as I did in all my other routing fixes. I think that has been the greatest stumbling block I couldn’t overcome – TIME – or rather the poor job I’m doing of managing it (also working on it, by the way). I no longer play the game to be able to see what the issues are. These days, I only load the game to test my stuff – mods and such. Yes, still disenchanted. I thought Island Paradise might get me over the hump. But, alas…
So, until my situation changes, I need YOUR Help!
Tell me of areas that need fixes. Comment here, or PM me on MTS, or Tweet me
– with the world (game’s and Store’s) and Lot name or the general area, or
– link to the images of the spot(s) showing the issue
An example is that I received a PM informing me of issues to look out for, like the spot in front of the City Hall in Sunlit Tides where sometimes Sims got off their vehicles and then jump back in further down the road, or the road intersections are not linked, and so on. Or, I get a link to a blog post like Crinrict’s Routing Issues in the Resort Hobart’s Hideout. These are the cases that I don’t see, when I’m staring at the world in CAW just looking at blue and yellow routing paint, so these are the ones I might skip as I’m unaware of them since I don’t play the game anymore.
Without such help, I’m afraid the fixes may be later than never. Or, if you want to pick it up (ie offer the routing fixes yourself) but don’t feel confident or have questions, drop me a note and I’ll be a mentor/tutor and guide you through on how I do it and answer your questions. You can then create your own procedures if mine is too long-winded. Whatever. As long as I’m not the only one the community is relying on for these darn fixes.
Just, help me help you…please…I cannot do this alone!
I have a few questions, for you all to test and come back with the status, if you would.
I’m trying to collect statistics if a certain combo is affecting it or it occurs for a specific houseboat no matter where it is docked at. So if you get routing glitches like Sim getting off the boat at one spot and swimming around a port to get to the other side of the port and then travel one big round to the port deck stairs. Also, if this round-trip wackadoo is also happening when the houseboat is at sea? ie Sim aims for a spot to get off the boat/jetski, but then he swims around the houseboat to enter it but still from the same spot
- are these issues occurring only with EA default Houseboat/Lot ? which one? or, custom Houseboats/Lot – self-made or downloaded?
- or is the issue gone with custom designed Port but an EA Houseboat?
- or is it an issue with the port and the Houseboat does not matter?
- are the routing issues / glitches replicable (is that a word?) or maybe this is better: can you replicate this issue again with these changed variables, ie does the same glitchy-thing happen if we change out one thing like –
- same port, same household, but different houseboat
- same port, same houseboat, but different household
- same houseboat, same household, but different port